Humavant™ HM Human Milk (Human, Pasteurized)
Pasteurized. Standardized. Quality Assured.
The benefits of breastfeeding are well established, and breastfeeding is highly recommended by healthcare professionals.1 Mother’s own milk and donor human milk (when mother’s own milk is not available) are rapidly becoming the standard of care for feeding all premature infants. Your NICU can depend on Prolacta Bioscience for the safest, highest quality donor human milk – with no supply shortages.
- “When mother’s milk is not available, donor human milk (DHM) is the preferred choice.”
- “Official bodies such as the World Health Organization and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend the use of donated breast milk as the first alternative, when maternal milk is not available.”
— The Committee on Nutrition of the European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition2
- The first donor human milk formulated to a minimum of 72 kcal/100mL
- The first donor human milk to provide a median of 1.0 g protein/100mL3
- Labeled in accordance with European regulatory requirements
- Two-year shelf life supported by real-time stability studies3
- Can be administered up to 48 hours after the thawing process begins3
Industry-Leading Quality and Safety
Click here to view details on the testing, screening, and standardized production process.>>
NOTE: The products shown are distributed in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- The only donor human milk verified by DNA matching to the donor
- Milk is tested for B. cereus and for adulteration, nicotine, and drugs of abuse
- Each donation is tested using nucleic acid testing for HIV-1 & 2, HTLV I & II, HBV, HCV, syphilis, and ZIKV
- Processed in a pharmaceutical-grade manufacturing facility
- Use of donor human milk. U.S. Food and Drug Administration website. www.fda.gov/ScienceResearch/SpecialTopics/PediatricTherapeuticsResearch/ucm235203.htm. Updated August 7, 2015. Accessed September 23, 2016.
- Arslanoglu S., Corpeleijn, W., Moro G., et al. Donor human milk for preterm infants: current evidence and research directions. JGPN. 2013;57:535–542.
- Data on file and available upon request.
Important notice: The Humavant™ product family, except for Humavant™ HM, is considered food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of preterm infants (in Germany, Humavant™ HM is also a food for special medical purposes; it is classified as food in all other European countries). Humavant™ products are not suitable as the sole source of nutrition. Infants may require additional vitamins and iron added separately from the product. Humavant™ products should only be used under medical supervision and are not suitable for parenteral use.